Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Couldn't load main class

Zain | Last updated: Apr 29, 2024 12:11PM UTC

Suddenly after burp was working perfectly I am getting now this error "Couldn't load main class" when i try to launch burp pro.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 07:27AM UTC

Hi Zain, Which version of Burp are you using? Are you using the Installer or launching Burp from the command line?

Zain | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 08:06AM UTC

I reinstalled last version, burpsuite_pro_windows-x64_v2024_3_1_3

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 08:18AM UTC

Hi Zain, Can you please share the full directory path where Burp is stored?

Zain | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 08:22AM UTC

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BurpSuitePro\

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 08:30AM UTC

Hi Zain Out of curiosity, as this has worked for some customers, if you try installing Burp Suite in a directory outside of 'Users', does this resolve the error?

Zain | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 08:36AM UTC

no same i tried to do it under C drive

Zain | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 09:46AM UTC

is there any way to resolve the issue?

Zain | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 09:50AM UTC

Note: when I reinstalled again it shows me a message: not enough space on the disk although I have 35 G free space

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 01:26PM UTC

Hi Zain, Can you download the JAR file instead and launch it via the command line? You can find the JAR to download here: https://portswigger.net/burp/releases#professional You can find the commands to use to launch Burp from the command line here: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/troubleshooting/launch-from-command-line Can you please take a screenshot of the error messages displayed in the command line? To make this process easier, you can email this to support@portswigger.net. This will allow us to share screenshots more easily. Please note that you will need a minimum Java version of 21 to launch the JAR file.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.