Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Could not connect to any start URLs. Problem Solution

CSOC | Last updated: Apr 02, 2024 08:30AM UTC

Hello, I was having an Issue regarding a scan which I created in my Burp Enterprise. For some reason I kept on getting the Error, that the start URL in my scope could not get reached. Confused about that Error, I started testing and searching for a solution. The PreScan which I started manually worked fine and even the machine which Burp Enterprise is running on, can ping my target url. After some testing I came across, that when the scan settings get inherited by the folder settings the error occurs but not when entered manually. This, in my eyes, is a bug. Is this an already known issue? And if so, when will this be fixed? Kind Regards

Thomas, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 02, 2024 10:11AM UTC

Thank you for letting us know about this. Could you please email support@portswigger.net with screenshots showing the scan settings you have applied to the folder and site level? Please also provide us with the scan logs for one of these failed scans. Scan Debug Logs: Scans > Your Scan > Logging > Scan Debug Log > Download

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.