Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Could not connect to any seed URLs.

Catsimanes, | Last updated: Nov 02, 2020 05:11PM UTC

I'm attempting to set up my first scan with Burpsuite enterprise. I have two agents on the same box assigned to it, I have the web proxy input properly into the network settings, but I keep getting scans failed, even though I have credentials input for them.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 03, 2020 08:24AM UTC

Hi Matt, This error would suggest that Burp cannot connect to the URLs that you have configured for scanning. You mention that you have entered your web proxy in the network page - the settings here are purely for interaction with our licensing and update mechanism. If you need to use a proxy server for scanning this must be created at the scan configuration level. If you click the "gear" icon -> Scan configurations -> New configuration, at the bottom of this page there is a Connections -> Upstream Proxy Servers section where you can configure the details of your proxy server. You then need to save this configuration and then add it to your scans so that the requests being made are sent out via the configured proxy server rather than directly.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.