Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Corrupt project file when using Burp in VMware Workstation

Danny | Last updated: Aug 09, 2018 07:39AM UTC

Hi all, First, I am supper hyped about the upcoming big new release of Burp. Following the #MoBP and enjoying the buildup... :-) I know you all are quite busy now but hopefully someone can shed a light on issue I am having. I am using Burp Suite in Windows 10 VM in WMware Workstation for pentesting. At the end of the day I suspend the VM and resume working next day. However, at that point there are two things that can happen. If I left Burp running at the time of suspension it freezes and crashes when I try to use it. If I closed Burp before suspension when I try to open the project file I was working on it says it is corrupted. Unfortunately I cannot provide a corrupted project file because I could not find yet how to reproduce reliably issue so all projects that are corrupted are actually confidential... XD I tried to suspend/wake VM and also in combination with Hibernation of the host but could not replicate. Anybody else has this issue? And any advice how to try to debug / fix? Best regards, Danny

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 09, 2018 08:27AM UTC

Thanks for this report Danny. Would it be possible to provide your Burp Diagnostics? You can send these confidentially to support@portswigger.net.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.