Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Copy/Paste not working

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jun 30, 2023 01:42AM UTC

I work in web security in Korea and have been a long-time user of Burp products. Primarily, I use them on MacOS. I report bugs not only because they inconvenience me but also because my colleagues are experiencing the same issues. Until version 2023.2.4, copying and pasting using Command + C / Command + V in Burp was seamless. However, since the 2023.3.x version was introduced, I've been facing issues with the copy/paste function. In the previous versions, the copy/paste function worked globally, regardless of the keyboard language setting. Unfortunately, that's no longer the case. Now, I constantly have to right-click to bring up the context menu and then copy/paste. This is highly unproductive, and one of my colleagues is even considering switching from Burp to another product due to this problem. I kindly request that you take this issue seriously and rectify it, allowing us to copy and paste as we used to do.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 30, 2023 07:24AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune Sorry to hear you are experiencing some frustration using our product. Are you switching between Korean and English keyboards while using Burp?

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jul 03, 2023 12:50AM UTC

Keyboard switching doesn't matter, because in the previous version I mentioned, copy/paste worked fine with or without keyboard switching.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 03, 2023 07:43AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune We are aware of the issue and do have a bug ticket raised for this issue. I will add your +1 to it.

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jul 04, 2023 01:26AM UTC

Thank you Dominyque. I will be appreciated.

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jul 04, 2023 01:31AM UTC

+ Can you send me a notice once bug fixed?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 04, 2023 07:47AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune I will let you know when this is done, thank you

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Aug 02, 2023 02:20AM UTC

Hi, Dominyque. Is this issue still on progress?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 02, 2023 06:59AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune This bug ticket item is still in progress

horosho88 | Last updated: Nov 16, 2023 03:39PM UTC

Hi Dominyque. Any updates? it's really inconvenient and very distracting while working

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 17, 2023 08:09AM UTC

Hi Whilst this ticket is in our development backlog, it is not in our short-term plan to address this bug at the moment. Should anything change, I shall update this thread.

Mikhail | Last updated: May 22, 2024 05:50PM UTC

Hi Dominyque, Please add my +1 to this issue. Hope it will be fixed soon. Thank you!

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 23, 2024 06:10AM UTC

Hi Mikhail Your +1 has been added to this ongoing ticket!

Sultan | Last updated: May 30, 2024 09:02AM UTC

add me too

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 30, 2024 10:01AM UTC

Hi Sultan, Your interest has been added to the ticket.

ρwɴeᎥl | Last updated: Jul 11, 2024 11:28AM UTC

+1 interest here. why is this not in your short term plan... this is a big inconvenience.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 12, 2024 08:47AM UTC

Hi Paul, Thank you for your feedback. We do monitor the popularity of feature requests. The increasing interest we have for this ticket will help in getting this progressed. I have added your +1 to this.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.