Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Copy/Paste not working

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jun 30, 2023 01:42AM UTC

I work in web security in Korea and have been a long-time user of Burp products. Primarily, I use them on MacOS. I report bugs not only because they inconvenience me but also because my colleagues are experiencing the same issues. Until version 2023.2.4, copying and pasting using Command + C / Command + V in Burp was seamless. However, since the 2023.3.x version was introduced, I've been facing issues with the copy/paste function. In the previous versions, the copy/paste function worked globally, regardless of the keyboard language setting. Unfortunately, that's no longer the case. Now, I constantly have to right-click to bring up the context menu and then copy/paste. This is highly unproductive, and one of my colleagues is even considering switching from Burp to another product due to this problem. I kindly request that you take this issue seriously and rectify it, allowing us to copy and paste as we used to do.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 30, 2023 07:24AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune Sorry to hear you are experiencing some frustration using our product. Are you switching between Korean and English keyboards while using Burp?

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jul 03, 2023 12:50AM UTC

Keyboard switching doesn't matter, because in the previous version I mentioned, copy/paste worked fine with or without keyboard switching.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 03, 2023 07:43AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune We are aware of the issue and do have a bug ticket raised for this issue. I will add your +1 to it.

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jul 04, 2023 01:26AM UTC

Thank you Dominyque. I will be appreciated.

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Jul 04, 2023 01:31AM UTC

+ Can you send me a notice once bug fixed?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 04, 2023 07:47AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune I will let you know when this is done, thank you

Hyeonjune | Last updated: Aug 02, 2023 02:20AM UTC

Hi, Dominyque. Is this issue still on progress?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 02, 2023 06:59AM UTC

Hi Hyeonjune This bug ticket item is still in progress

horosho88 | Last updated: Nov 16, 2023 03:39PM UTC

Hi Dominyque. Any updates? it's really inconvenient and very distracting while working

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 17, 2023 08:09AM UTC

Hi Whilst this ticket is in our development backlog, it is not in our short-term plan to address this bug at the moment. Should anything change, I shall update this thread.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.