Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Configure the max number of request during audit

Prateek | Last updated: May 29, 2020 11:40PM UTC

Hi, I want to know if there is way to configure the max number of request Burp is making during an audit. I saw in the documentation that in audit option's audit optimization i can change the audit speed but it still won't allow me to configure how many requests I want burp to make. Thanks.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 01, 2020 11:04AM UTC

Hi Prateek, To confirm, are you wanting to limit the maximum number of concurrent requests that Burp makes or the total number of requests?

Prateek | Last updated: Jun 01, 2020 06:13PM UTC

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a way to limit both total number of requests and concurrent request. Thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 12:45PM UTC

Hi Prateek, You can use Resource Pools to set the maximum number of concurrent requests that are being sent by the scanner. There are details of this on the following page: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/dashboard/task-execution-settings In terms of the total number of requests, you can change some of the crawl and audit configuration settings but you are not able to explicitly limit the total number of requests that are sent to a particular site. The total number of requests sent is going to be dependent on both the scan configurations used and the size/nature of the target site itself (a small site with a small amount of application state changes will garner fewer requests than a larger, more complex site).

Prateek | Last updated: Jun 03, 2020 11:50PM UTC

Thank you. Can I configure the resource pools by providing configuration file like user_option.json and project_option.json?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 05, 2020 09:15AM UTC

Hi Prateek, Currently, the configuration of Resource Pools is only available through the UI. We do have an entry in our Jira to expand upon this so that Resource Pool configurations can be saved and shared across different scans. I will add your request to this so that our developers can prioritize their resources based upon demand.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.