Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Comparer "Next modified section" feature

Th3 | Last updated: Feb 06, 2015 04:21PM UTC

To whom it may concern, I would love to see a feature in the word compare, where I can jump to the next difference. Currently it is only highlighted the modified / deleted / added parts, but it would be awesome not to have to search by hand for those highlights. Often I have to really slowly (manually) search for those sections in a big response. Thanks!

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 11, 2015 10:55AM UTC

Thanks for this request - we'll look into adding prev/next buttons to move the cursor between changes.

Burp User | Last updated: May 12, 2017 11:41AM UTC

I also think would be is a great idea - I wanted to raise this feature request as well, but I found it is already here:) Seeing how it goes "unnoticed" for 2 years, I decided to update it, hopefully it could be considered once again:)

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 11, 2019 08:56AM UTC

I'd also like to add a +1 for this feature, it's sorely needed.

Peter | Last updated: Sep 03, 2021 02:51AM UTC

Any update on adding this 2 years on again from the original request?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 03, 2021 11:15AM UTC

Hi Peter, We still have this particular feature request noted in our backlog but the level of user demand for it was such that it has not been implemented. I have added your interest to this feature request (so that we can continue to accurately monitor the demand for it). I can also have a chat with the team to check if we have any more definitive plans to work on this, if this would be useful for you?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.