Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

communication error on request but works fine in repeater

moty | Last updated: Oct 25, 2021 10:39AM UTC

Hi when intercepting requests from application I am testing, two requests is failing and in the dashboard i see communication error, but when i send those requests to repeater the work as indented. below the request that failed --------------------------- POST /***end point*** HTTP/2 Host: ***hostname***:443 Content-Type: application/grpc User-Agent: grpc-go/1.41.0 Te: trailers Grpc-Timeout: 5000000u Traceparent: 00-8312664484fa18867cb21e1e4ca09585-25d47edc9ae8e735-01 Authorization:***jwt*** Content-Length: 21 ***post data*** -------------------------- the client application reports an error without information. can anybody help me to troubleshoot it? thank you

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 26, 2021 02:46PM UTC

Hi Are you able to drop us an email at support@portswigger with some screenshots? Are you receiving any additional error messages in your "Dashboard > Event log"? If you turn Intercept off, and just use Burp to proxy traffic, does the request still fail?

Kim | Last updated: Apr 24, 2023 06:29AM UTC

What happened in this problem? All post regarding "Communication error" has no follow up response.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 24, 2023 08:12AM UTC

Hi Could you describe the issue you are having? Are you also seeing a communication error in the Browser, but when sending the same request to Repeater, does it work fine?

Ismail | Last updated: Feb 29, 2024 08:49AM UTC

Hi there, I am encountering the above issue as well, when the request go through proxy, it failed and returned error 403, however when I sent the particular request to the repeater, it works as intended. Any solution regarding to this issue?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 29, 2024 04:45PM UTC

Hi A 403 response indicates that you do not have permission to view the resource you are attempting to access. Is there any difference in the outgoing request from Repeater compared to the Proxy? If you clear your browser cache and retry, does that make a difference?

Ismail | Last updated: Feb 29, 2024 05:39PM UTC

Hi Hannah, thank you for the response. There is no any difference in the outgoing request from the Repeater compared to the Proxy. Have tried to clear all the caches and retried with different browsers as well. So not sure what is the issue here as it works as intended in Repeater, but not in the Proxy.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2024 04:58PM UTC

Hi Thanks for that information. In your proxied browser, if you open your developer tools console and try to access the page, do you receive any errors? Do you receive any messages in your Burp event log? Does the site you are attempting to access use any trailing headers?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.