Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

collaborator attempted to retrieve the interaction records the expected records weren't present.

Ali | Last updated: Oct 06, 2020 08:12AM UTC

hi there I am trying to use burp collaborator and unfortunately it is not polling data. I tried to make health check and got below results : We communicated with the collaborator, and appeared to successfully record events, however when we attempted to retrieve the interaction records the expected records weren't present. Initiating health check Server address resolution Success Server HTTP connection Success Server HTTPS connection (trust enforced) Success Server HTTPS connection (trust not enforced) Success Server SMTP connection on port 25 Success Server SMTP connection on port 587 Success Server SMTPS connection (trust enforced) Success Server SMTPS connection (trust not enforced) Success Polling server address resolution Success Polling server connection Success Verify DNS interaction Error Verify HTTP interaction Error Verify HTTPS interaction Error Verify SMTP interaction Error Verify SMTPS interaction Error

Ali | Last updated: Oct 06, 2020 12:34PM UTC

I tried to check poll over encrypted http and still the same result

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 06, 2020 02:51PM UTC

Hi I've sent a response to your email query.

Ali | Last updated: Oct 06, 2020 03:04PM UTC

hi Hannah I replied your questions. thanks in advance.

Oliver | Last updated: Dec 01, 2020 04:13PM UTC

Same issue for me. I've been searching for tangible information for a while on this now too. Private Collaborator instance on an internal network . All tests pass except the "Verify" ones. All default ports. Having some hint at least what to look for would be appreciate - having off-band exchanges doesn't help others really.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 01, 2020 04:51PM UTC

Hi Oliver In Ali's case, his Collaborator instance was working previously and then stopped working, and he was using the default Collaborator server. Some things we tried to check are the following: - Were there any new updates or changes to the network? - Are there any antivirus software or firewall rules that may be interfering with this? - Are you able to try using a different network to see if that causes any changes? - Could you try disabling all of your extensions, and see if you are able to poll then? Did you follow the documentation on deploying your own Collaborator server? - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/collaborator/deploying Have you set up your own configuration file?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.