Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

CI/CD license activations raised limits

Maxim | Last updated: Feb 02, 2021 04:14PM UTC

Hi team, hope you are well by your side of the screen. I made a docker image for the burp pro version to scan something in a headless mode. Today I met the following message in my terminal: """ The Licence, its subject matter or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Do you accept the license agreement? (y/n) This version of Burp requires a license key. To continue, please paste your license key below. Burp will now attempt to contact the license server and activate your license. This will require Internet access. NOTE: license activations are monitored. If you perform too many activations, further activations for this license may be prevented. Enter preferred activation method (o=online activation; m=manual activation; r=re-enter license key) No more activations allowed for this license. """ Can you make any improvements with a headless mode? It's not an easy task today to put Burp into the docker. Especially this license :) You can use this repo to reproduce the issue: https://github.com/whitespots/burp_docker

Maxim | Last updated: Feb 02, 2021 04:17PM UTC

In fact, it is trying to activate with each run. Maybe you can advice any command to run an already activated burp pro?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 03, 2021 09:34AM UTC

Burp Professional is really not designed to be used for CI/CD integration and licensing issues are one of the reasons. We have an Enterprise product specifically designed for this use-case. Have you considered completing a free trial? - https://portswigger.net/burp/enterprise/trial Other users have shared methods to get Docker builds to persist the license key by copying the license location (~/.java/.userPrefs/burp/prefs.xml) from the activated docker to their host and use it further for all the other docker builds. You can search the forum for further instructions but this deployment is something that we do not officially support, unfortunately.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.