Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Chrome Crash in Pro v2020.9.2 | The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle

D | Last updated: Oct 08, 2020 08:55PM UTC

Crash in Pro v2020.9.2 on macOS 10.15.7 (19H2), Darwin 19.6.0 Oct 8 16:24:20 xss com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.Chromium Helper.6082): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Applications/Burp Suite Professional.app/Contents/java/app/burpbrowser/85.0.4183.121-1/Chromium.app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium Framework.framework/Versions/85.0.4183.121/XPCServices/AlertNotificationService.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /Applications/Burp Suite Professional.app/Contents/java/app/burpbrowser/85.0.4183.121-1/Chromium.app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium Framework.framework/Versions/85.0.4183.121/Helpers/Chromium Helper (GPU).app

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 09, 2020 07:24AM UTC

Hello Could you tell me about the actions you were taking at the time of the crash? Are you using the platform version of Burp or the standalone JAR file? Is this a fresh installation?

D | Last updated: Oct 10, 2020 09:14AM UTC

Platform Version, Not a Fresh Install. Opened the embedded Browser, crashed with that Log Message.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 12, 2020 10:32AM UTC

Could you try running an embedded browser health check and tell me the output? You can find this option by going to "Help > Embedded browser health check" in Burp.

D | Last updated: Oct 12, 2020 03:59PM UTC

Hello & Good Day- I'm sorry not to have included that information in my initial Post, but there is nothing to report. >> All checks completed successfully. If you'd like to move this conversation to support e-mail please lmk. Cheers!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 13, 2020 11:49AM UTC

Hi If you like, you can drop us an email at support@portswigger.net If you do, could you provide your diagnostic details? You can find these by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. Could you check to see if your browser binaries are present? You can find these in your installation directory under "Contents/java/app/burpbrowser/<browser_version_number>". You can still set up a regular browser to proxy through Burp in the meantime if you don't already have one set up. You can find instructions on that here: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/getting-started/proxy-setup/browser

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.