Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Checking which extension initiated the request in Montoya API

adam997 | Last updated: Oct 07, 2023 11:25PM UTC

Hi, just like in the topic name - I have HttpRequestToBeSent object and would like to see which extension does it come from (for example - Param Miner specifically). Currently I only know how to check whether the request comes from _any_ of the extensions, for example: if ("Extensions".equals(httpRequestToBeSent.toolSource().toolType().toolName())) Any chance to be more specific? Thanks!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 09, 2023 09:21AM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, it is not possible to be more specific in identifying which extension has initiated a request. It may be possible for you to modify the extension code to "fingerprint" the extension that has triggered the request. For example, modifying the extension so that it adds an additional identifying header or comment to the request.

adam997 | Last updated: Oct 09, 2023 10:47AM UTC

Thanks for the response Hannah. I understand that you mean modifying the code of the other extension (such as Param Miner etc). I'll consider that or consider changing my approach :D

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 09, 2023 10:51AM UTC

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help with!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.