Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Changing the Issue Name

Vishal | Last updated: Jun 13, 2024 12:52PM UTC

Hello Support, I am using Burp suite from a long time. I wanted to know that, how can I change the issue type? I mean changing the issue type name for example Cross-site Scripting to XSS. Further, after changing the issue type name to XSS, if I run the scan all XSS finding should fall under the changed name. I have tried to check but was unable to find the option to perform this action. I am read to buy multiple professional licenses. Expecting your prompt response Thanks Vishal

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 13, 2024 04:57PM UTC

Hi Vishal Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the default name of an issue type. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Vishal | Last updated: Jun 14, 2024 06:03AM UTC

Hi Hanna, Thank you for the prompt reply. There must be a way to perform this. can you please help me with the same? Thanks Vishal

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 14, 2024 03:09PM UTC

Hi Vishal As mentioned, it is not possible to adjust the name of a default issue in Burp. Once you've generated a report, you could use "Control + F" or "Control + R" to find/replace references in the raw file after the fact. Hope that helps!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.