Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Change default Issue Detail writeup for parent issue

Superman | Last updated: Jan 09, 2023 04:42PM UTC

Hi, Does IscanIssue or any other class/method expose functionality to change the default issueDetail writeup for parent findings (findings with multiple instances). Use case: My extension searches for specific strings in response page of all paths. It then reports all matches in a finding. When multiple instances are reported, the parent issue only lists the various paths where issue was triggered. I want to be able to add list of unique strings found across all paths to parent issueDetail.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 10, 2023 09:20AM UTC

Hi You could keep track of your list of unique strings and add that information to the issue detail whenever an issue is raised. You could then also change your issue consolidation logic to return the new issue with the up-to-date detail rather than the old issue with out-of-date information.

Carlo | Last updated: Apr 15, 2023 03:02PM UTC

Hi, I don't understand when you say "add that information to the issue detail whenever an issue is raised". I would like to understand how I can differentiate the display of the issueDetail between parent and children, so I was wondering how to specify in the GetIssueDetail method when and how to return the list with for example the names of all the evidences, and when instead the detail of the evidence itself.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 18, 2023 01:33PM UTC

Hi You can specify various details when creating an issue with the API. You can find an example that creates an issue with the Montoya API here: - https://github.com/PortSwigger/burp-extensions-montoya-api-examples/blob/2836760df915446dccdfaa02e43ef25b54c47dc5/customscanchecks/src/main/java/example/customscanchecks/MyScanCheck.java#L79 - https://portswigger.github.io/burp-extensions-montoya-api/javadoc/burp/api/montoya/scanner/audit/issues/AuditIssue.html Could you provide some more information about the issues you are having?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.