Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

certificate

Donna-Marie | Last updated: Oct 28, 2021 01:06AM UTC

I purchases the Burpsuite professional, and the embedded browser is not working. I thought I wouldn't need to copy the certificate. Can I regenerate a certificate?

Donna-Marie | Last updated: Oct 28, 2021 01:06AM UTC

also can I start over? so tired!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 28, 2021 07:28AM UTC

Hi Donna-Marie, Are you able to clarify what you mean when you say the embedded browser is not working? Is it not launching or are you having issues using it to proxy sites? It might be easier to send us an email at support@portswigger.net and include some screenshots of exactly what you are seeing so that we have a better understanding of this.

Donna-Marie | Last updated: Oct 28, 2021 10:19PM UTC

sorry don't have email server on this box. I'm getting a tls connection error. the browser (chrome and firefox) won't connect to burp Manual I changed proxy settings on firefox. and installed foxy proxy . pointed to 127.0.0.1 port 8080. Embedded; opens chrome browse , but doesn't reflect request response. anyway I can share a screen between 9 and 5 ? 617-549-0649 I'm secure transport? I don't know if I need to add the certificate (burp) to browser for manual start of browse to burp?

Donna-Marie | Last updated: Oct 28, 2021 11:31PM UTC

having issues using it to proxy sites Is the issue. I just re-read your question. But now firefox doesnt't work manually neither.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 29, 2021 09:29AM UTC

Hi Donna-Marie, If you are using an external browser (such as Firefox) then you will need to install the Burp CA Certificate in the browser in order to be able to successfully proxy HTTPS traffic. The embedded chromium browser should, however, work without this step. To confirm, are you seeing the same TLS issue when using the embedded browser or something different entirely? If you are seeing the same issue, is it happening with all sites that you try and proxy or just one in particular?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.