Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Cannot use Collaborator in auditing

Masahiro | Last updated: Jan 18, 2022 03:10AM UTC

With auditing, I see this error in Dashboard and the auditing stops. 1642466839530 Error Suite [2] The Burp Collaborator server used by the Burp Collaborator client is not reachable, change the settings to use this feature. In the health check of Collaborator Server, "Verify XXX interaction" is shown after waiting some time. (XXX is DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, ...) I can continue audit with "Don't use Burp Collaborator" option. It has happened since about 12 hours ago. Do you take any action?

Masahiro | Last updated: Jan 18, 2022 03:14AM UTC

I experienced similar problem a month ago, but the error is different in that it is successful for address resolution and connection. https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/is-burpcollaborator-net-down-569a80e7

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 18, 2022 08:37AM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch to report this. We are aware of this current issue and we are currently investigating it. We will post back here when we have an update.

Masahiro | Last updated: Jan 19, 2022 02:36AM UTC

Thank you. I'm waiting for the update. At the moment, the health check shows it's all healthy. But the polling in the Burp Collaborator client doesn't work or needs several minutes to get the result.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 19, 2022 08:36AM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. We are still investigating the issues with the Collaborator server. We believe we have resolved one of the issues so you may see different results when running a health check but we are still investigating a second issue. We will post back here to let you know when the issues are resolved.

Masahiro | Last updated: Jan 20, 2022 10:39AM UTC

Thank you for investigation. I share that my current status, which remains unchanged. Polling shows unstable responses. I'm looking forward to hearing it resolved. :) Regards.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 21, 2022 08:32AM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. The responses should be gradually improving but we are still working on this, so sometimes there will still be errors in some responses. We'll let you know once we've finished the work and monitored it to confirm we are happy everything is stable.

Masahiro | Last updated: Jan 21, 2022 09:45AM UTC

I appreciate your effort. I see the current status. Let me know when it's resolved.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 28, 2022 10:18AM UTC

We believe things should be more stable now, so if you run a Collaborator health check you shouldn't see any errors. If you are still seeing problems, please let us know.

Masahiro | Last updated: Feb 02, 2022 01:14AM UTC

Thank you! I see healthy collaborator in this several days, but today the server seems down again. In this time, the health check shows Warning at "Server address resolution" and Error at "Polling server address resolution" with the message below. The capture server hostname xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server. The polling server hostname polling.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 02, 2022 12:07PM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you still seeing issues? Our tests and monitoring this morning don't seem to be showing any major issues.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.