Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Cannot update Burp

Tomek | Last updated: Sep 06, 2024 02:41PM UTC

Hi I'm trying to update my Burp to version v2024_7_5. Usually it wad done automatically by Burp. This time it didn't work. I tried to do it manually by download file from portswigger and exec installer. It didn't work too, it seems that installer has problem with unpack files. This happens for me first time. The OS is Kali. ./burpsuite_pro_linux_arm64_v2024_7_5.sh Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... ./burpsuite_pro_linux_arm64_v2024_7_5.sh: 653: /home/parallels/Downloads/burpsuite_pro_linux_arm64_v2024_7_5.sh.3333.dir/jre/bin/java: not found I have space on disk and user has write rights. Don't know what to do. Regards Tomek

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 06, 2024 03:16PM UTC

Hi Tomek I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. This is likely being caused by a missing library. Could you please try installing the "musl" library and see if that allows you to install Burp? Please let me know how you get on.

Tomek | Last updated: Sep 09, 2024 01:50PM UTC

After installing missing library I tried again. Automatically from app didn't work. Manually from shell it started and updated previous installation. But now when I start Burp has info about wrong JRE version from Kali. I didn't have before info like this. It seems that Burp Pro use JRE from OS not from his own installation ?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 10, 2024 10:56AM UTC

Hi It sounds like you've managed to successfully run the installer. Could you clarify what you mean about wrong JRE version? The installer version of Burp comes packaged with its own JDK that it uses, rather than your system JDK.

Tomek | Last updated: Sep 11, 2024 11:00AM UTC

Usually when I start Burp Pro I didn't have any warning. Now I have warning about version of Java from Kali. I know that Burp Pro comes with it's own JRE so why now Burp started to warning about Java from OS? It shouldn't notice what version has Kali?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 12, 2024 09:57AM UTC

Hi You should be fine to click through that warning. The Java version included with Burp will be upgraded to Java 22 in an upcoming release.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.