Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Cannot record all connection log

Takeshi | Last updated: Jun 03, 2016 06:02AM UTC

I often use burp in my work. When I needed to investigate my log files, I found some connection is not included the log files. Regarding the log files, what are the communication does not remain in the log? If there is the definition for it, please let me know.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2016 08:16AM UTC

The logging function only saves text-based content types. You can use an extension like Custom Logger in the BApp Store to log all items within the UI, or you can select everything in the Proxy history and choose "Save items" from the context menu to save their details to disk.

Burp User | Last updated: Jun 10, 2016 12:38AM UTC

Thank you for your quick reply. I have 2 more questions about logging. - Is there the function which is saving log file automatically in Custom Logger extension? - If this function is not in Custom Logger, does Logger++ extension have auto logging function? I appreciate your cooperation.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 13, 2016 01:54PM UTC

The Custom Logger extension doesn't support this feature. I'm not sure about the Logger++ extension so you should play with that to see if it does support it.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.