Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Cannot clean up configuration

MJCapper | Last updated: Nov 22, 2023 11:39PM UTC

Hi - I added the reshaper BApp, played around with it, and added a Rule for WebSockets containing an "unacceptable code point '–' (0x96)". Now on Loading the extension again (auto on startup or manually) I get an Error message that "JacksonYAMLParseException: special characters are not allowed". So now i want to remove that Rule again, but I cannot find the file it is saved in. I just want to delete it and try again. I tried looking through Reshapers source code and then Montoyas, but I couldn't find the the implementation for the Montoya's Preference interface, so any help is appreciated.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 23, 2023 11:49AM UTC

Hi. We'd recommend raising this as an issue on the author's repository so that they can look into this further - https://github.com/synfron/ReshaperForBurp/issues It is possible to manually delete persisted extension data, but the location this is stored in will depend on your OS. Could you tell me the OS that you are using?

MJCapper | Last updated: Nov 23, 2023 03:34PM UTC

Certainly, i am using Mac Sonoma. And yes I've asked there, too, because maybe the problematic data can be saved differently.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 24, 2023 09:53AM UTC

If you're on macOS, you should be able to find the settings persisted at ~/Library/Preferences/burp.extensions._reshaper.plist Deleting that file should reset your settings to default.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.