Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Can you implement the Send Intruder technique to a project in Java, Android Studio or php??

Brynnerr | Last updated: Mar 31, 2018 06:16PM UTC

I would like to know how Burp Suite performs the capture of the http request and how it is modified and how it is sent back to the destination server with the POST method. And I would also like to know if that attack can be implemented to a project in Java, Android Studio or php. Thank you

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 03, 2018 10:16AM UTC

Hi Brynnerr, Burp acts as an HTTP proxy. You must configure client software to use it as a proxy, which allows it to capture network traffic. It can intercept SSL traffic too, by generating a certificate with a matching name. However, you need to install the Burp CA in your browser - or click through the browser security warnings. It connects to the destination server using Java networking and forwards the HTTP requests - including POST requests. Burp is developed using Java. As far as I'm aware you could use the same techniques in Android Studio or PHP, although we haven't tried it.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.