Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Can We Implement a "Create New Group" API to the Montoya API?

c0r1 | Last updated: Dec 31, 2022 02:11PM UTC

Hi there! I'm currently working on a Burp extension that uses the Montoya API. I need to send multiple HTTP requests to the Burp Repeater, and it would be great if I could create a new tab group using the Montoya API. Do you have any plans to extend the Montoya API in the near future? I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 04, 2023 01:38PM UTC

Hi Thanks for the feedback! We'll raise a feature request for this to be added to the Montoya API in the future. We plan to continue developing the API using feedback, so if you have any other feature requests or find any bugs, please let us know. You can check out our blog post here: https://portswigger.net/blog/new-burp-suite-api-we-want-your-feedback

Joel | Last updated: Dec 05, 2023 04:51PM UTC

I would also like this to be possible, would be cool if there was some API to programmatically create a group of newly created repeater tabs. This would specially come in handy when wanting to make custom extensions for race condition tests.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 06, 2023 04:29PM UTC

Hi. Our feature request for this functionality in the Montoya API is still ongoing. However, we will be adding the ability to Burp's UI to easily duplicate Repeater tabs in groups in a future release. Keep your eyes peeled on Early Adopter :) If you're specifically interested in this functionality in the Montoya API, please let us know and we'll add a +1 to this ongoing feature request.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.