Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Can't read Burp File

Enrea | Last updated: Feb 15, 2023 08:32AM UTC

Hi, Since yesterday, I have been unable to view all the request/response data in the Proxy > HTTP History section of BurpSuite Pro. Whenever I try to filter the data, I receive the following exception (as logged in the log file): 15-02-2023 09:19:29 CET | 20480 | Cannot invoke "burp.myw.lG()" because "<parameter1>" is null | burp.g0_.h(Unknown Source) burp.g0_.P(Unknown Source) burp.g0_.H(Unknown Source) burp.g98.o(Unknown Source) burp.j7t.F(Unknown Source) burp.jvz.b(Unknown Source) burp.g98.O(Unknown Source) burp.g98.A(Unknown Source) burp.duc.lambda$applyNewFilter$0(Unknown Source) burp.g5g.lambda$runOnNewThread$0(Unknown Source) java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) I have tried to import the proxy requests/responses to a new project, but the application returns the following error in the wizard while loading files (stop to import at close to 60%): An error occurred: Cannot invoke "burp.myw.wQ()" because "<local14>" is null. I have attempted to resolve this issue using the last three versions of BurpSuite Pro, but to no avail. Based on the fact that the project was functioning fine earlier in the day, I suspect that a particular request may be causing this issue. Please note that I am unable to share the Burp file, as it contains sensitive data from a client. Thank you :)

Enrea | Last updated: Feb 15, 2023 08:35AM UTC

In addition, other projects works fine

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 15, 2023 10:05AM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you send an email to support@portswigger.net with the output from Help -> Diagnostics, please? - Which version of Burp were you using when this issue first occurred? - Which version of Burp were you using when the exception in your post was displayed? - If you change the Proxy History Filter to show all items, are there still problems displaying them? Is the whole history hidden, or does it manage to display some but not all items?

Enrea | Last updated: Feb 15, 2023 12:49PM UTC

Hi, I will send you an email :) 1) The version of BurpSuite Pro that was installed when the issue occurred was v2022_11_2. 2) The exception appears in both that version and the currently installed version, v2023_1_2. 3) I have tried changing all filters. When I load the "corrupt" file, the proxy history is empty, but I can still read the file with a text reader since it's over 700MB in size, and also the filter don't work with the new request. All new requests appear in the history and continue the ID sequence, such as ID#21252 for example.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 16, 2023 08:38AM UTC

Thanks :) We've received your mail. We'll take a look through and be in touch soon.

Enrea | Last updated: Feb 16, 2023 11:25AM UTC

Thank you. I'm trying to understand the Burp file structure because I think there is one bad request that is causing all of the issues. As a proof of concept, I made a small extension to load all the requests' history (only count items and review in a textbox). The extension can count the items in the proxy history when the project works fine, but when the project file is broken, I can't count the items. So, if you want, I can start Burp Suite Pro in debug mode and try to find which request is causing this issue. I will be waiting for your email. Thanks!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.