Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Can not open a old burp project file

HappyGilmore | Last updated: Mar 27, 2020 08:11PM UTC

When try to loaded a old burp suite project fails I get this message The Selected project file appears to be corrupt and cannot be opened Burp will attempt to repair the project file. I select the file, then I get this message The selected file is the current Burp project. Please select another file. I can not do anything, so I have to cancel this try. Can not import a legacy file I get a error message right away An error occurred: The input file is not in correct format. The file is from a burp suite professional from 9 2019 This file was from a co-worker that use burp suite pro as well.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 30, 2020 07:55AM UTC

Adam, would it be possible to send us a copy of the file? We appreciate this isn't always possible due to the sensitive nature of project file contents.

HappyGilmore | Last updated: Mar 30, 2020 07:42PM UTC

Good Day Liam, That is one thing, I can not do send you the file because of sensitive nature. This not a super important right now, I just wanted to make sure it was not a something I was doing wrong. That is why I laid out all those steps. I have requested a co-worker to create a project with test site that does not matter. If I have that issue I can send it to you. Cheers Liam Adam Coombs

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 31, 2020 11:26AM UTC

Thanks, Adam. If you can recreate the issue with non-sensitve data, we'd be keen to take a look. Hope you're well, Liam

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.