Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

button on repeater tab to set cookies

brenocss | Last updated: Aug 24, 2022 03:33AM UTC

like the follow redirect button, it would be nice to have a button to set all cookies

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 24, 2022 11:23AM UTC

Hi breno. Thanks for your message. To help us with your request, could you provide a use case for this feature, please?

Breno | Last updated: Sep 11, 2022 04:39PM UTC

Currently, it is only possible to set cookies automatically when they happen in some kind of redirect ( 30x ). However, in several cases the application needs to update or update cookies ( Set-Cookie ) in other types of status code such as ( 50x, 40x, 20x). That way we need to manually set cookies which is tedious and slow. Alternatively it is possible to use show response in browser and end up setting the cookie that way, but it is still slow. The ideal would be to have a button that detects the presence of the set-cookie header, and when clicked, set all cookies in the repeater request tab.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 12, 2022 08:36AM UTC

Thanks for the update. Can you email some screenshots showing a few examples, please? Are you wanting to update the cookies across all Repeater tabs or just the one you are currently working on?

Breno | Last updated: Sep 14, 2022 01:29PM UTC

Just a tab I'm currently working on. it's like when you enable process cookies on the redirect and then click to follow the redirect.

Breno | Last updated: Sep 14, 2022 01:30PM UTC

what email should i send the example screenshots?

Breno | Last updated: Sep 14, 2022 01:30PM UTC

what email should i send the example screenshots?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 14, 2022 01:34PM UTC

Can you send them over to support@portswigger.net, please?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.