Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burpsuite unkown host errors

Alice | Last updated: Aug 01, 2019 02:13AM UTC

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but I have looked everywhere for answers and nothing has solved my issue. I have configured burp to fire fox but when I fire up a web page I get an error message that reads ERROR unknown host: www.google.com (or any other URL) looking up on line people have suggested to others that you need to configure the "upsteam proxy" but following their instructions and having done this one of two things will occur when attempting to load any web page. 1. A burp page will load saying "welcome to burp suite professional" with no additional information 2.having changed the port in the upstream proxy settings A page will load saying ERROR failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:0801.(no matter what port number I put in the error is still the same) The bizarre thing is that I managed to get it to work perfectly a few days ago with the upstream proxy turned off it was only until I exited burp and Firefox that it began showing me these errors again please help I don't know where else to look

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 02, 2019 08:18AM UTC

Alice, it sounds like you might be configuring Burp to try to use itself as an upstream proxy. If your network has a corporate proxy, you will need to configure this address in the upstream proxy settings. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.