Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

BurpSuite Professional on Kali (ARM) running on MacBook Pro with M1 processor

Anand | Last updated: Jun 11, 2021 07:04PM UTC

Hello, I am trying to run my BurpSuite Professional licensed version on a MacBook Pro with M1 processor but I receive error: Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... ./burpsuitepro.sh: 598: /home/kali/burpsuitepro.sh.5088.dir/jre/bin/java: Exec format error I am not sure why is this problem. Can you please provide a build of BurpSuitePro for that version of Kali? Thank you

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 14, 2021 08:46AM UTC

Hi Can you clarify whether you are using macOS or Kali? Have you tried using the standalone JAR file to run Burp instead? You can find instructions here: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/getting-started/launching/command-line

Anand | Last updated: Jun 14, 2021 09:42AM UTC

Hello, I am using MacOSX on new M1 hardware. And on MacOS I am using Parallels Desktop inside which I am using ARM based Kali virtual machine. Thanks for the link, I was able to launch Burp using the command given on the link.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 14, 2021 11:10AM UTC

Glad to hear it! We do have plans to support Burp on the M1 in the future.

Anand | Last updated: Jun 14, 2021 08:27PM UTC

BurpSuite is an essential tool and supporting M1 based linux/kali should be high priority I believe. I hope that future would not be way too far. Thanks again. Best regards, Anand

Samir | Last updated: Aug 15, 2021 06:50PM UTC

Hi, I been using the jar to run burp but its not same as install on system, its august and still no solution for install Burp on linux arm, or if ??

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 16, 2021 10:09AM UTC

Sorry, this is still in our backlog. We've added your +1 for this feature.

Robert | Last updated: Nov 02, 2021 02:15AM UTC

Hi Team, Could you please provide an update on the position of this request in your backlog? Thank you

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 02, 2021 10:16AM UTC

Hi We should be providing an installer for M1 in our next release.

Paul | Last updated: Jan 12, 2022 08:03PM UTC

Has this been addressed yet? I do not see one for this although I may be missing it.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 13, 2022 08:54AM UTC

Hi, The latest Burp Professional/Community 2021.12.1 release now contains support for Mac M1(Arm64) chips: https://portswigger.net/burp/releases/professional-community-2021-12-1?requestededition=professional As noted in the release notes above, we now provide a dedicated installer for machines with M1(Arm64) processors.

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.