Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burpsuite Pro v6.1 always crashes after opening a specific folder

PinkDev1 | Last updated: Aug 10, 2022 12:14AM UTC

Steps to reproduce: 1 - Open burpsuite pro 2 - Click "Choose file" to select a project file 3 - Burpsuite starts in the "C:\Users\REDACTED\Documents\BurpSuite Projects\PersonalProject" folder 4 - Press the "go one folder up" GUI button twice (You should now be in the "Documents" folder) Info: I'm using the Java version of Burpsuite Professional Java version: java 17.0.2 2022-01-18 LTS Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.2+8-LTS-86) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.2+8-LTS-86, mixed mode, sharing) Burpsuite Professional version: 6.1 Crash log from the terminal: https://pastebin.com/MEYWy0He The contents of "C:\Program Files\Burpsuite_Professional\hs_err_pid18544.log": https://pastebin.com/jNFYuZ7K This happens if I browse to that folder from anywhere within burpsuite. If I want to export a request, load project options, etc, it always crashes if I go to my "Documents" folder. Note that this is a normal, local folder in an NTFS partition. Looking at all of the filenames I have there, I can't think of a reason they would cause a crash. They only use ASCII characters. Could it be because of long filenames? the longest filename I have there is "win-10_bangho_registry-backup_2021-06-19T08-17PM.rar"

PinkDev1 | Last updated: Aug 10, 2022 12:16AM UTC

I can consistently reproduce this bug

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 10, 2022 01:01PM UTC

We've been running some tests here with the same folder set up, and so far, I'm afraid we've not been able to replicate the issue, so we'd like to ask a few more questions. - Are you using the installer or the JAR file? - Do you see this behavior with the latest version of Burp? - Do you see this issue with any other folders on your machine? - Do you have Buro installed on any other machines or VMs, in which case do you see the same behavior on those machines?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.