Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

BurpSuite Pro projects consistently corrupting

Michael | Last updated: Aug 26, 2021 07:00PM UTC

Hello! My Burp Suite Pro projects seems to be routinely corrupting after I shut down and turn my machine back on. Everyday my projects have corrupted. I have to create a new file and most of the data seems to be recovered besides the event log. This appears to be a bug. My Debug ID: 3s86vm3gvt12is6cbr95:fioj Thanks for your assistance!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 27, 2021 10:24AM UTC

Hi Thank you for your debug ID. Could you tell me if you have any extensions installed, and if disabling/uninstalling all extensions changes the issue in any way?

Michael | Last updated: Aug 27, 2021 07:24PM UTC

Hello, I currently only have "Auth Analyzer" installed as an extension. This issue was occurring before I installed Auth Analyzer.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 01, 2021 03:21PM UTC

Thanks for that information. I've responded to your email.

Michael | Last updated: Sep 08, 2021 03:12PM UTC

For those reading this thread after searching for solutions. If you are using Microsoft OneDrive, this may be the source of your problem. When OneDrive backs-up files, and in this case, BurpSuite files, it seems to cause the files to become corrupted. I’m not sure why. My files were becoming corrupted every day at the start of the day (indicating it occurred after a backup). However, when I started saving my Burp project files in a folder that wasn’t backed-up by OneDrive, I no longer receive corrupted file errors.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.