Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burpsuite on Kali = blank window

That | Last updated: Nov 27, 2021 06:17AM UTC

Running kali rolling release 2021.4. When I start burpsuite either using the GUI or command line java -jar /usr/share/burpsuite/burpsuite.jar it starts, shows the startup window, and then goes to a blank window. Trying to close the window causes a blank dialog window (I am guessing it is a "do you really want to quit?" kinda of dialog box). There is a thread (https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/blank-raw-response-window-raw-request-window-807cb5dc) that seems to imply this is a font issue, bit I do not know if it is setup in the app or somewhere else. Or whether I am barking at the wrong tree

That | Last updated: Nov 27, 2021 04:29PM UTC

Update: if I ssh -X to host, I can see the burp suite windows just fine in the ubuntu box I am ssh'ing from (lxde). Setting the windows manager to lxde in kali results in the same broken result

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 29, 2021 04:14PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your message. Did you try the fix in the forum post you referenced? Can you confirm which version of Burp Suite Community you are using and if it was previously working on this Kali machine?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.