Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burpsuite not able to crawl for Javascript

Lester | Last updated: Jul 13, 2020 08:51AM UTC

Hi Support, I tried using Dashboard to crawl for web pages contenting Javascript and burpsuite was unable to do that. I confirmed it not making any request to the Javascript but creating a simple website with html tag and javascript. The crawler was only able to crawled for non javascript content. can you help me, i can show you my sample web page through email support.

Lester | Last updated: Jul 13, 2020 09:03AM UTC

I have been searching on how Burpsuite can support Javascript. I am already on Burpsuite Professional 2020.6 and has Burpsuite fixed the bug to support javascript? Scanner can crawl atag.html but not the button with javascript. My code below for replicate <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> <title>Document</title> </head> <body> <a href="atag.html">Test with a tag</a> <button onclick="window.location='button.html';">Test with button</button> <script> setTimeout(() => { window.location="javascript.html"; }, 5000); </script> <a href="xhr.html">Test with a tag</a> </body> </html>

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 13, 2020 09:23AM UTC

Hi, Burp now supports crawling and auditing JavaScript. Please enable the embedded browser in your scan configuration under Crawling > Miscellaneous > Embedded Browser Options. This will use Chromium to complete the crawl and audit. If you still think there is an issue, please email us with further details: support@portswigger.net

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.