Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

BurpSuite Enterprise

Rui | Last updated: Mar 18, 2021 11:38AM UTC

Hello portswigger's team, I'm using Burp Suite Enterprise Edition v2021.3 (Linux). I've just configured SSO with LDAP. A group called 'Appl_Burp' was created in AD and also in BurpSuite Enterprise. A user that I will refer as 'testuser' was added to the AD 'Appl_Burp' and is now able to login with his AD creds to BurpSuite Enterprise and navigate the app with the roles assigned to BurpSuite Enterprise 'Appl_Burp' group. But there is no new user in the platform. The admin can see that the users incremented on that group but cannot see who and cannot manage that new user. Is there a way that the admin can see the users that have logged in via LDAP and manage them inside the application? Best regards

Rui | Last updated: Mar 18, 2021 11:47AM UTC

And furthermore, if another user with AD creds wants to login but he doesn't belong to any group created at BurpSuite Enterprise is it possible to assign these kind of users to a default group? Best regards

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 19, 2021 08:46AM UTC

Hi Rui. We have a story in our backlog to provide the following:

"As an administrator I want the system to record all user actions that make changes to any part of the system so that I can view an audit of user actions and identify who is responsible when something has been changed by mistake".

Would this satisfy your requirements?

Rui | Last updated: Mar 24, 2021 02:36PM UTC

Hi Liam, thank you for answering. At a first glance I would say no, it does not satisfy the requirements mentioned above.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 26, 2021 08:36AM UTC

Hi Rui. We think we can help out with one of your requests.

We've added a story to our dev backlog to look into putting AD users into a default group. Unfortunately, we can't provide an ETA.

Regarding managing groups, we think this should be done through AD, not the application.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.