Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

burpsuite_community_v2020.4 Installation

Chucks | Last updated: May 23, 2020 04:54PM UTC

I have installed and updated my kali and java. Yet, I keep getting this errors when I manually change the java re to version 8. Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: burp/StartBurp has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:468) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:495) And when I return to java version 11, I get this; Your JRE appears to be version 11.0.5 from Debian Burp has not been fully tested on this platform and you may experience problems. Please I need assistance. Thanks!

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 25, 2020 07:40AM UTC

Hi, Unfortunately, we no longer support Java 8. You will need to download OpenJDK 13.0.2+8 or use the platform installer (it comes bundled with the correct Java version). - https://portswigger.net/burp/releases/professional-community-2020-4?requestededition=community

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.