The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Burps In Browser Request

Darryl | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 01:32PM UTC

Hi all I’ve encountered an issue recently that I believe reflects a change in behaviour when testing CORS request blocks. In the past, when I needed to test CORS, I would make modifications and use Burp's "In-Browser Requests" feature to see if the browser would block the request as expected. Typically, I would modify the request to change the origin and send it via the browser. However, I noticed that the request wasn't being blocked, and no preflight requests were triggered. This seemed unusual, so I attempted to replicate the test using the browser’s console, and this time the request was blocked as expected. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be that something has changed in Burp’s behaviour, or am I missing something?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 02, 2024 10:56AM UTC

Hi Which version of Burp are you currently using and which version were you using when you were last able to use the embedded browser to test this? What behavior do you see if you use normal Chrome?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.