Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

burpbrowser missing in /var/lib/BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition

Wayne | Last updated: May 02, 2024 12:40PM UTC

I was going through this page https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/enterprise/user-guide/reference/browser-powered and noticed this "Burp's browser is installed to Burp Suite Enterprise Edition's data directory. By default, this is /var/lib/BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition. If you specified a different location during the installation, remember to adjust the path accordingly when running the provided commands." but when i tried installing BE after installation the burpbrowser folder is not present in /var/lib/BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition. Is it present somewhere else or it is installed at some other step?

Thomas, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 03, 2024 08:17AM UTC

The most common reason for the Burp Browser not existing on Enterprise is due to having not run a scan yet. Could you please let me know if you have run a scan using the Burp Browser? This can be done by setting the browser to be used always in a scan configuration, or by using a recorded login sequence on a scan. Additionally, please email us at support@portswigger.net with this context, the logs from your deployment, and an ls -laR of your /var/lib/BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition folder. Support Pack Logs: Help Center > Support Pack > Download

Wayne | Last updated: May 03, 2024 08:39AM UTC

just for clarity the folder will be created on agent machine .....right?

Thomas, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 03, 2024 01:39PM UTC

The folder should exist on each host machine that has the Scanner Component installed. In the use case of External Scanning Machines/Agents, then yes, this would be relative to the agent machine(s).

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.