Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp v2020.12 freezes at startup

Konstantinos | Last updated: Dec 16, 2020 11:07AM UTC

I am using the latest version of Burp pro (v2020.12) at the following linux os: Linux kali 5.6.0-kali2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.6.14-1kali1 (2020-05-25) x86_64 GNU/Linux. The problem is that when i start Burp it does not load any of the extensions and it freezes, the UI becomes completely unresponsive. The only solution is to kill the process and restart it. I had the same issue with v2020.11 but the problem was not resolved with the update

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 17, 2020 08:52AM UTC

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues. Are you able to provide us with the following details: - Does this happen immediately upon Burp loading or does it happen at some point afterwards? Does it happen every time you use Burp or periodically? - Are you able to disable all of your loaded extensions and see if this problem persists? - Are you using a temporary project or a project file when this happens? - Are you able to provide us with your diagnostics (Help -> Diagnostics)? - Do you have performance feedback enabled? If not, can you enable this under User options -> Misc -> Performance Feedback and see if you can recreate the issue so that we can check if Burp is reporting any particular errors back to us. Please feel free to send us an email at support@portswigger with these details if you would like to keep them private.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.