Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Updates

Rachel | Last updated: Nov 27, 2014 11:23AM UTC

Normally Burp software indicates when you release a new version. However, since the beginning of the year, I haven't had any alert of a new version. Is there something to configure? Thanks and best regards, Rachel

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 27, 2014 11:23AM UTC

Hi Rachel The update function seems to be working for all other Burp users. Perhaps try to manually download the latest version from the website. http://portswigger.net/burp/download.html It may be that something on your network is restricting access to the automatic updates. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 07, 2015 09:36AM UTC

There was a bug in some recent versions of Burp where the configured upstream proxy settings were not honored when checking for updates. We fixed this in 1.6.10, so if you use that version then future updates will download automatically. You can download the latest build at any time for your account on our system - the same place you download the license. If you still have an old build where the updates check was working, you can also run that to perform the download.

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 10, 2015 09:39AM UTC

Hello, I have the same problem: burp is connected to the internet but doesn't show new versions. On your download-Page I only see the free version of burp, how can I download a new version of burp pro? (I have the license). regards arnim

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.