The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Burp task execution engine paused

Jeevesh | Last updated: Aug 26, 2024 09:58AM UTC

I am using the below command to start my burp pro instance. Everytime I launch it burp launches with task execution paused. Is there a way to enable it by default? command: java -jar burp.jar --config-file=project-config.json --user-config-file=user-configs.json I tried changing the pause_tasks_at_startup_default to false in the user-configs.json, but still it starts burp instance with task execution paused. I am using burp pro version 2024.6.6.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 26, 2024 10:50AM UTC

Hi You can use the argument "--unpause-spider-and-scanner". For a more thorough list of arguments you can add, please check out our documentation here: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/troubleshooting/launch-from-command-line

Jeevesh | Last updated: Aug 27, 2024 05:41AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for sharing this. This solves my issue if i try to open an existing project, but, if i am creating a new project the task execution is still disabled.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 29, 2024 12:21PM UTC

How are you creating the new project? Are you going through the startup wizard, or are you using the "--project-file" argument?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.