Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite window doesn't come to foreground when intercepting new packages.

Christos | Last updated: Dec 16, 2020 12:06PM UTC

Greeting, I have a problem with Burp Suite on Ubuntu 20.04 When Burp intercepts a new package Burp window doesn't "pop" on the foreground like it should. Is there a solution to this problem? The version I am using is v2020.12 Community Edition Thank you in advance

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 16, 2020 04:04PM UTC

Hi Christos, Just to clarify, are you referring to the Burp application not receiving focus when a request has been intercepted (with the "Intercept is on" configuration set)?

Christos | Last updated: Dec 21, 2020 09:18AM UTC

Greetings Ben, Yes! Exactly! From previous experience in other OS's, I expect the Burp window to receive focus upon intercepting a new request. Sorry if I didn't explain it well..

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 21, 2020 04:04PM UTC

Hi Christos Are you looking for the Intercept tab to gain focus if the Burp application already has focus or are you thinking of the whole Burp application gaining focus even if you are working in a completely different application?

Christos | Last updated: Dec 22, 2020 12:34PM UTC

Hello Michelle The whole Burp application. Let's say I click a link. I want the Burp application window to gain focus.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 23, 2020 09:53AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback Although in some situations it could be useful for the Burp application to grab the focus whenever a request is intercepted there could be many occasions where this could mean that it grabbed focus when you didn’t expect it (e.g. if there are requests in the background that may be less obvious to the eye) so this is a situation where it is probably best if you have the control over which application keeps focus.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.