Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

burp suite seems to be broken.

sdsdsd | Last updated: Oct 12, 2023 08:29PM UTC

Hi team, burp suite seems to be broken. screenshot : https://ibb.co/h2WcVjH version : v2023.10.1.2 JDK version : 17.0.8 I tested it in the latest version of java (JDK 20) and the same corruption happens. any solution? Best Regards.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 13, 2023 06:59AM UTC

Hi If you add the option -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false into the vmoptions file in your installation directory, does this help? If it does, you can create a user.vmoptions file in the same folder so that the setting does not get overwritten when Burp upgrades.

sdsdsd | Last updated: Oct 13, 2023 08:18AM UTC

not work again, in some cases it changes momentarily and gives a distorted image.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 13, 2023 08:20AM UTC

Hi Are you using Burp on a VM?

sdsdsd | Last updated: Oct 13, 2023 02:10PM UTC

Hi, No i am running burp on windows 11. i am also running it as jar not exe.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 16, 2023 08:10AM UTC

Hi Thank you for confirming that. Can you please try adding these options one by one when running the JAR to see if any of these make a difference to your display issue: 1: -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true   2: -Dswing.useflipBufferStrategy=True   3: -Dsun.java2d.ddforcevram=true   4: -Dsun.java2d.ddblit=false 

sdsdsd | Last updated: Oct 16, 2023 11:26AM UTC

Hi Dominyque, I can't confirm this right away, but I think it's related to the hz of the monitor, for example, there is no problem with a 60 hz monitor, but this kind of problem occurs when I use it at 165 hz. As a solution for now, I have enabled DPI settings in burp and 'use system DPI settings'. it seems to be working fine for now, but if it still continues to work badly, I will apply these commands as you said. if there is a problem again, I will comment.

sdsdsd | Last updated: Oct 18, 2023 01:59PM UTC

Hi Dominyque, btw what is causing this problem? i didn't have this problem in previous versions of burp suite. i hope you can fix this problem in new versions.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 19, 2023 08:15AM UTC

Hi Thanks for your question. This seems to be because of a hardware conflict. We usually suggest using the Java commands I mentioned previously to solve this issue. However, if you are happy that the scaling settings have worked for you, please continue using them.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.