The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Burp Suite Professional Installer hangs - no UI

Will | Last updated: Oct 17, 2023 02:48PM UTC

Hi folks, I'm trying to upgrade Burp Suite Professional to the version in burpsuite_pro_macos_v2021_10.dmg, but the installer doesn't work. Specifically: 1) It displays a splash screen titled Burp Suite installation wizard, with the text: Burp Suite Professional Installer is preparing the wizard which will guide you through the rest of the setup process. 2) Then a new purple Burp icon appears on the dock, with the text "Java" if I hover over it. And that's all that happens. No UI for the installer appears. Just Java running, which has to be force quit. (Normal quit isn't good enough). It's a pretty standard macOS Sonoma (14) system. What am I doing wrong and/or how can I find out more detail about what specifically is failing?

Will | Last updated: Oct 17, 2023 02:51PM UTC

And as I look at the filename more closely here, it seems that the version I'm attempting to install is horribly out of date. burpsuite_pro_macos_v2021_10.dmg is what was offered up as the result of running the version of Burp Suite that was already installed on my system (2.0.20beta) I get it that both of these versions are both extremely out of date, but I'd hope that even if I was running a very out of date version of Burp Suite, the version it would offer to me via the update mechanism would be the current version. Not a 2021 version.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 17, 2023 03:12PM UTC

Hi Are you using an M1 or Intel Mac?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.