Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Pro version 2020.2.1- customize form submission default values

Nick | Last updated: Apr 16, 2020 09:11PM UTC

How do we customize the default form submission values in Burp Suite Pro version 2020.2.1? If possible we would like to preappend a custom string e.g. "<company_name_here>_" to each form input value to help our assessment customer delineate our scanning traffic/test submissions. Thanks.

Nick | Last updated: Apr 17, 2020 12:22AM UTC

Also just to clarify, this is for spider/crawling - in Burp Suite Pro v1.x there was a way to set a rule for custom form submission values under spider options, but we can't figure out where to configure this in the new burp version 2020.x Thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 17, 2020 09:27AM UTC

Hi, Unfortunately, we removed the ability to customize the values that Burp uses in forms. Burp will now use random values that it deems appropriate for the form field type. Is this something that you would potentially like to see added back into Burp? If so, i can raise a feature request for our development team.

Nick | Last updated: Apr 17, 2020 04:38PM UTC

Yes, please raise a feature request to your development team to add this feature back into Burp. Thank you.

Luca | Last updated: Oct 26, 2020 10:40AM UTC

I don't know if it has already been reintroduced but if not, +1 for the future request. Is often necessary to allow the target side to identify the audit activity (and so to clean it out when over).

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 26, 2020 02:10PM UTC

Hi Luca, We have recorded your interest against this feature request as well.

Anna | Last updated: Jan 05, 2021 11:29PM UTC

I would also like to see this feature added back in.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 06, 2021 10:51AM UTC

Hi Anna, I have also recorded your interest against this feature request, as requested.

Mick | Last updated: Jan 09, 2023 11:41AM UTC

+1 for this feature request as well - thanks!

Abdul | Last updated: Feb 24, 2023 09:03AM UTC

+1 vote to add it back in. It's been a few years. Any update on this?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 27, 2023 08:26AM UTC

Hi Abdul, This kind of functionality is not in our short term plans but we can certainly add your interest to the existing feature request so that we can continue to monitor how popular this is.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.