Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Pro v2020.11.3 does not work well with iOs

Thanh | Last updated: Dec 10, 2020 12:56PM UTC

Hi, I am using the latest version of Burp Suite Pro v2020.11.3 to intercept traffic from a jailbreak iPhone 8 Plus running iOs 13.7, and there seems to have a problem with how Burp handles the connection with the phone. More specifically, if I used Safari (or Chrome) to open a website, such as google.com, many times Safari just showed "Safari cannot open the page because the network connection was lost". I had to refresh the page multiple times and then it worked. There was no problem with my Internet connection, and I also tried it on multiple networks. The problem was more clear with an app that I was testing. It was written with React Native, and requests to a server were made with the standard fetch() function. I could see that the proxy got the request from the app, forwarded it to the destination server and got the response from the server. However, from the app's point of view, the connection between it and the proxy kept disconnected, and it couldn't get the server's response from the proxy. I tried an older version of Burp (v2020.2.1), and it worked fine in both cases above without any problem.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 10, 2020 02:51PM UTC

Hi Thanh, Thanks a lot for reporting this. Does your issue persist in the latest version of iOS? I have just tested that and I am not personally encountering any issues. If the app is publicly accessible, can you please share further details with us via email? Ideally, a screen recording showing the difference in speed between 2020.11.3 and 2020.2.1.

Thanh | Last updated: Dec 12, 2020 01:26PM UTC

Hi, If you provide me your email, I will send more info to you.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 14, 2020 08:50AM UTC

support@portswigger.net Thank you!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.