Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Pro OWASP Juice Shop home lab - Docker Container

John | Last updated: Feb 15, 2021 03:28PM UTC

Hi, I wondered why Burp Suite Pro kept erroring out during an active scan of my home testing lab. I decided to use the Docker Container version. It just looked easy to set up, and it is! Anyway, was playing around with scan types. The Active Scan kept failing after a while. If you get this, check that the container is running. If it is not relaunch the container and restart the Burp Suite Pro Active Scan and it should finish. You might have to do this a few times though. If you launch from the shell, the container responses activity is clearly displayed on screen and you can identify that there was something that caused the Container Instance to fail. The OWASP Juice Shop documentation is quite transparent in the sense that it tells you a few challenges will not actually work from using Docker and Containers. It looks just as easy to quickly fire up a Virtualbox Virtual Machine. I'll try that next if I get frustrated at the Docker Container version. Cheers

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.