Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Pro is throwing error while installation in Kali-Linux

Ashish | Last updated: Mar 03, 2023 09:17AM UTC

Hi, Today i have purchased Burp suite pro and when i am installing via command prompt then getting error like below sudo sh ./burpsuite_pro_linux_v2023_1_3.sh Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... ./burpsuite_pro_linux_v2023_1_3.sh: 653: /home/kali/burp/burpsuite_pro_linux_v2023_1_3.sh.137290.dir/jre/bin/java: Exec format error ┌──(kali㉿kali-raspberry-pi)-[~/burp] └─$ java --version Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true openjdk 17.0.6 2023-01-17 OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.6+10-Debian-1) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.6+10-Debian-1, mixed mode, sharing) ┌──(kali㉿kali-raspberry-pi)-[~/burp] └─$ uname -a Linux kali-raspberry-pi 5.4.83-Re4son-v8l+ #4 SMP PREEMPT Debian kali-pi (2021-11-05) aarch64 GNU/Linux Please help me to get the installation done.... mean while i am using burp suite pro via java -jar filename.jar and activated the code but every time i need to run java -jar filename.jar to start the burp suite pro. Note: Burp suite community edition is present in Kali-linux by default

Ashish | Last updated: Mar 03, 2023 09:19AM UTC

Installed extensions are not retained after re-launch of burp suite. I have to install again in every launch. Is there anyway to retained them.?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 03, 2023 11:47AM UTC

Hi Ashish, I believe that the Re4son-v8l+ kernel is for 64-bit ARM64 armv8 devices. Unfortunately, we do not fully support running Burp on Linux ARM64 based machines. Within the Burp installer is an embedded version of Java (this is embedded within the installer so that users do not have to install any further software to get the installed version of Burp to work) - the issue that you are facing is due to the fact that we do not embed an ARM64 compatible version of Java. The installation process then fails when it reaches the point of trying to set Java up. Providing specific support for Linux ARM64 is now on our 2023 development roadmap so, all being well, this should be completed at some point this year. Unless Burp encounters an issue shutting down (or Burp is being closed in a non-standard way) the status of your extensions should be being written to a configuration file that Burp then uses when it is relaunched i.e. if you have a specific extension installed and loaded this should then still be installed and loaded when you come to restart Burp (if Burp does close in an unexpected way it assumes this has been caused by an extension and unloads everything so that it can be restarted in a 'clean' state). Are you able to expand upon how you are running and exiting Burp each time you use it?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.