Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite - missing "Drop all out-of-scope requests" in Target-Scope tab

Lisandre | Last updated: Jun 04, 2024 02:05PM UTC

Hi, There was a "Drop all out-of-scope requests" checkbox in the Target->Scope tab. It disappeared after an update. The workaround for now is to use the menu "Settings->Project->Scope" instead (the checkbox is still there when using this menu). Would it be possible to add the checkbox in the Target->Scope tab? Thanks and have a nice day

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 05, 2024 09:29AM UTC

Hi The "Drop all out-of-scope requests" checkbox is found under Settings > Project > Scope. The Target > Scope tab was initially intended just as a quick way of accessing the URL scope settings rather than all the settings. Please let me know if this helps.

Lisandre | Last updated: Jun 05, 2024 01:08PM UTC

But the feature was there before, it was removed after an update. I was using it.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 06, 2024 09:10AM UTC

Hi I can see there have been some changes around this tab in recent versions so I'm having a chat with the designers to check the details behind them. I will be in touch with an update soon. Can you confirm which version of Burp you were using previously?

Lisandre | Last updated: Jun 06, 2024 12:36PM UTC

I do the automatic updates so not sure in was version is was still there. I wrote about it to my colleagues on March 13th 2024, so it was removed around that time. I use the Pro version.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 06, 2024 02:22PM UTC

Hi Thanks for the update. I've had a chat with the UX team and have raised a request to update the Target > Scope tab.

Lisandre | Last updated: Jun 06, 2024 02:53PM UTC

Thanks!! :)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.