Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite getting stuck during audit of specific URL

License | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 07:00AM UTC

Hi, I am currently using Burp Suite Professional to scan a website in Deep scan mode. While the crawl finishes successfully, the audit gets stuck during the audit of a specific URL.c I have already tried increasing memory allocation and adjusting scanner settings, but the issue persists. During the audit of the specific URL, the estimated time remaining starts at 10 minutes, then jump to 5 hours, and then eventually shows "Auditing. Estimateng time remaining..." with no estimated time remaining. I have tried rescanning the website about 10 times, but the issue still occurs. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Thank you for your help! Oscar

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 01:34PM UTC

Hi Oscar, In the first instance are you able to try the following. When you launch your scan via the 'New scan' button on the Dashboard tab of Burp, you should see the 'New scan' dialog. Within here there is a section entitled 'Resource pool'. If you navigate to this section and select the 'Create new resource pool' option and then set the 'Maximum concurrent requests' setting to 5. The following screenshot illustrates this for you: https://snipboard.io/c1RwLp.jpg If you could then configure the rest of the scan as you normally would then we would be interested to know if this improves things for you (this will reduce the number of concurrent requests that Burp is allowed to issue during the scan). Out of interest, is the site (and the specific URL that is causing issues) still accessible and functioning as you would expect when you are running the scan?

Dustin | Last updated: Dec 20, 2023 06:16PM UTC

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 21, 2023 07:40AM UTC

Hi Dustin There could be many different reasons why this occurring for you. Please send an email to support@portswigger.net with more information about the site you are scanning and the issues you are encountering.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.