Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Enterprise Web Server Not Responding

Taylor | Last updated: May 24, 2021 02:49PM UTC

I'm currently unable to navigate to the burp suite enterprise dashboard. The only error I dug up in the logs is the following: 2021-05-24 09:44:25 [f] ERROR n.portswigger.enterprise.common.d.r - Service failed to start: class net.portswigger.enterprise.common.d.f java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected to be healthy after starting. The following services are not running: {FAILED=[Rest Server [FAILED]]} Any ideas what is causing this?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 24, 2021 03:31PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Which version of Burp Suite Enterprise are you using? Do you use the embedded database or an external one? Is the database up and running? If you can send the log files (for both the Enterprise server and WebServer) to support@portswigger.net and we'd be happy to take a closer look for you. By default these are in C:\ProgramData\BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition on Windows and /var/log/BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition/ on Linux. There is a separate log file for each day, and the current day's log file does not contain a date.

Taylor | Last updated: May 24, 2021 04:11PM UTC

Hey Michelle, Burp Suite Enterprise Version: 2021.2.1 Embedded database Yes the database is up and running I just sent over the log files.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 25, 2021 07:18AM UTC

Thanks, we've received the log files so we'll take a look through and be in touch soon

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.