Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Community Edition Error Unknown host: portswigger.net

Sondip | Last updated: Nov 10, 2022 05:12AM UTC

Hey team, Whaen i want to do some problem solve in portswage and open burp suit.Then the website give me Error.something like this:- Burp Suite Community Edition Error Unknown host: portswigger.net

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 10, 2022 12:32PM UTC

Hi, The 'Unknown Host' error is usually indicative of Burp not being able to resolve the domain name into an IP address. Just to confirm, are you receiving this type of error for all of the websites that you try and proxy through Burp or just certain ones? I assume that you can access https://portswigger.net in a browser (on the machine on which Burp is installed) that is not proxying its traffic through Burp? If so, do you use a corporate proxy in your environment in order to make connections out to the internet (or is there anything else unusual about the network connection that you are using)?

Sondip | Last updated: Nov 11, 2022 06:07AM UTC

I am receiving this type of error for all of the websites.

Sondip | Last updated: Nov 11, 2022 06:08AM UTC

How can I fix it.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 11, 2022 02:16PM UTC

Hi, Are you able to answer the questions that I posed in the original message so that we can understand the environment that you are running in?

Sondip | Last updated: Nov 11, 2022 04:03PM UTC

First - I am using Burp-Suit Community Edition v2022.9.5 Second - This error message give me all of my website.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 14, 2022 07:51AM UTC

Hi, Is there anything unusual about your network connection? Do you use a proxy or a VPN or anything of that nature? Do you see this error when you use both the embedded browser and an external browser with Burp?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.