Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Community Edition: Authentication with no password input but manage to access.

Cat | Last updated: Jul 11, 2022 11:56PM UTC

It is annoying trying to input password every time when opening the intercept browser. However there are 2 problems encountered. First is the error that stated my password was incorrect, but I swear it is correct, or else I cannot login into my virtual machine, or using sudo cmd that require password. Second is after failing to access via password, I need to click the cancel button three time to get out of the authentication page. But immediately as I did, the intercept browser is suddenly open?! And that seem to be the case every time. Any fix for this errors?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 12, 2022 10:39AM UTC

Thanks for your message. At what stage do you encounter this issue? Is it as you first open Burp's embedded browser or as you browse to a site that requires authentication? Which version of Burp are you using and which OS is it installed on? Can you email some screenshots or a screen recording to support@portswigger.net so we can take a closer look, please?

Cat | Last updated: Jul 12, 2022 11:41AM UTC

Done. Also burpsuite is very lagging after opening the browser, or maybe it is the intercept browser that make it lagging, as it cause some messes. You can see it in the email.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 12, 2022 01:13PM UTC

We've received your email so we'll take a look and be in touch soon.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.