Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite causes display corruption on Mac

ec5782 | Last updated: May 04, 2022 10:25AM UTC

Over the past several months I have started to experience intermittent issues where Burp Suite appears to be causing display corruption to other applications, but not Burp Suite itself which initially made it tricky to determine the culprit. I have particularly noticed it impact Chrome and Slack e.g. the login page for PortSwigger in Chrome looks as per this screenshot: snipboard.io/Qmvl4W.jpg and Slack is similar: snipboard.io/ApUzVD.jpg It might have something to do with the fact that I tend to leave Burp Suite open when the Mac goes to sleep. When I first open Burp Suite everything is fine. Then at some later point I start to notice the display corruption. Then if I close Burp Suite the everything goes back to normal. If I then re-open Burp Suite at this point I notice that the display goes black for a second or two and then when it comes back on Chrome and Slack are corrupted again. Restarting the Mac seems to resolve the problem, until it happens again. I'm using Burp Suite v2022.3.6 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 but this has been happening with previous versions of Burp Suite as well.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 04, 2022 01:31PM UTC

Hi We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue. Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. Could you also check that you have performance feedback enabled, under "User options > Misc > Performance feedback"?

ec5782 | Last updated: May 13, 2022 02:41PM UTC

Thanks I'll keep this in mind for next time it happens.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.